Annual competition among alumni to reduce their carbon footprints
Structured along the lines of class giving:
- Competition between residential colleges, class years, the Ivies, etc.
- Provides alternative means of giving for those with less $$$:
- Credits for efficiency (public transport, drying clothes on a line, eating less meat…) as well as spending (buying an EV, installing solar…)
- Launch prize competition for Yale students to build the carbon tracking app
- AYA could promote as part of the Yale Day of Service (for example)
- Potential collaborations between: alumni (AYA and YANA), the Department of Computer Science, SOM, and Yale School of the Environment